Thursday, May 19, 2005

Route 66 (in a Mustang?)

Well if you ever plan to motor west
Just take my way that's the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66
The American Automobile Association (I think that's what AAA stands for) are sending two cars each carrying 2 guys along Route 66 to promote the road.

Well it winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than 2000 miles all the way
Get your kicks on Route 66
For some strange reason they are sending the guys in Mustangs, not Corvettes.

Chorus
Well goes from St. Louie down to Missouri

Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino

Someone should really tell them that Buzz and Todd would be very disappointed. Not to mention I'd guess that B&T would have been died-in-the-wool Chevy dudes.

Would you get hip to this kindly tip
And go take that California trip
Get your kicks on Route 66

I once worked with a guy who said that driving Route 66 in a convertible Mustang was one of his "must do" trips. I pointed out to him the error of his ways and he didn't really seem to understand.

It's all about the car and the road. Sure, you could drive Route 66 in any old car, but why would you when a Corvette is the one.

Chorus

I think it's arguable that the 57-62-ish Corvette (as featured in the TV show) is the most perfect looking American sports car.

Would you get hip to this kindly tip
And go take that California trip
Get your kicks on Route 66

No comments: