I spoke about my research (compressing 3 years of thinking into 10 minutes is pretty hard) and, as ever with these things, they wanted an abstract which I knocked off in 10 minutes late one evening:
My research is about people and how they use (and could use) technology in their workplaces. The technology I have looked at is Speech Recognition and the workplace is the ACT Magistrates Court. I have used ethnographic techniques to investigate how people currently use Speech Recognition in other locations and similar techniques to investigate the some of work processes of the Magistrates Court. Using this approach allows me to re-frame the technology so that it can better fit the work practices I observed at the Court and to extend and reconsider the techniques used to perform this kind of research.And, here's a few choice slides from my presentation:

The title slide.


An illustration of my design process.


A design evolves...

Yay! $250!
No comments:
Post a Comment