Thursday, March 03, 2005

All the cool kids are doing it: Hipster PDA

hipster in the wild If you're up with the zeitgeitst the only way to carry your mind with you is in a hipster PDA. You can see that the hipster is a deceptively simple device, consisting on a bulldog clip and a stack of 3"x5" index cards.

systemcards I made mine from a set of Esselete System Cards from Officeworks. Sadly, they were about 400% more expensive than the ones Merlin recommends and they don't seem to be available to purchase on-line (hence no link for Officeworks). This is my second iteration of the hipster, the first being made from all-white cards. I've gone with colour this time to try to add some structure to my notes.

cards on display I tend to write perpendicular to the ruled lines on the cards if I'm making a single note but if I have a series of steps or sequential notes, I'll follow the lines. In this picutre, the white card has notes for my PhD, the pink card is for REACT stuff and the yellow card is for personal.

Update: Hello OrangeCone and 43Folders readers! You may also be interested in my repurposed DIY iPod stand for the HPDA.

No comments: